Saturday, January 29, 2011

Karter Addington Fife

Karter Addington Fife
January 21, 2011
10:54 am
8 pounds 11 ounces
20 1/2 inches

I have been meaning to come on here and write about Karter's birth but am just feeling enough energy to do it.  He is a week old.  I can hardly believe that.  I had him on a Friday and decided I did not want to wait to leave the hospital. Knowing, I could leave with my child gave me the anxiousness to get home to my own bed and being with him!

Leading up to his birth, I had an ultrasound and it showed Karter measuring 9 pounds 5 ounces.  The Doctors told me it was give or take a pound and they were starting to get concerned about birth weight.  At that point I was 38 weeks and so they wanted to wait at least a week knowing the development of boys lungs (of course I kind of chuckled inside about that but went with medical advice.)  So that week I had two stress tests where they hook me up to monitors and listen to his heartbeat, contractions, and fetal movement.  I was having frequent contractions but it was not sending me into labor.  Karter was happy in his home inside me :).  So the weight and me not going into labor that week concerned the doctors along with his body measuring much larger than his head.  They told me we could try to induce labor and hope it is sucessful but we are concerned about causing to much trama to you and the baby with his size so they gave me the medical advice to have a c-section.  I was very anxious about that decision and a bit nervous but felt it was the right thing to do.  Thursday after my appointment they put me on the schedule for Friday morning C-Section.  How could I possibly sleep the night before knowing that the next day I would meet my son!!  I had Rusty and my Dad give me a Priesthood blessing that all would go well with surgery and the Doctors could use their knowledge to do what they needed to do.  He blessed me that I could feel Kaden's presence and am grateful for that. 

Being home with him has reminded me much about the time I had at home with Kaden.  He was his size yet 4 1/2 months older.  I'll never forget Kaden EVER....nor will I forget what he has taught me!  I am so grateful to have Karter in my life and for the joy he has helped bring to me.  He will never replace any part of the love I have for Kaden but he is helping me feel JOY again! :)

Our first Family Photo with Karter!

I could hardly believe he was that big inside of me!

Mom and Karter in Recovery

Packing up Karter to take him HOME!! :)

Karter!!


7 comments :

  1. congratulations! he is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love him so much, and you guys!! He is seriously so adorable, Fi'Fe!! Can't wait to come over soon and snuggle with him again...and you! lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. He was is so big and cute!!! COngrats we are so happy for your little family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Cow, you can TOTALLY tell that Karter and Kaden are brother's! They look so much alike! How fun. Congrats, I'm so happy he is here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the proud Grandpa today and he couldn't stop smiling. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! Best thing I've read all week! Congrats to you and your little fam. You all look like you're glowing! Karter is just beautiful. Glad you are feeling the joy again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wheeee! Congrats! He is so cute. Love you!

    ReplyDelete