Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Freedom, Faith, and Family

"On days like today I find myself reflecting on the important issues of faith, family, and freedom. These three issues are intertwined. One cannot be struck without impacting the others. I cannot adequately express the tremendous gratitude I feel to Heavenly Father for allowing me to live with my family in a time and place in which we have the opportunity to freely worship Him."- Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

I found this quote over the Fourth of July Weekend and have to say that completely reflects our weekend.  It was a simple one.  We are grateful for this family we have here on earth, grateful for our faith that gives us hope to be reunited one day and grateful for the freedoms of this country that we can worship how we may.

We didn't go out of town and not too much family was in town but we were able to slow down from the normal bustle of Rusty's job and my duties at home.  I love when he has time off and we can spend time as a whole family. 

Rusty was able to come to my gym and work out with me! It was fun having him there!

 
I am not sure what all of our eyes were doing in this picture.  It was bright outside?  We went to downtown Gilbert and ate Joe's BBQ in all our festive apparel. I know I have said it before but I am in love with my LulaRoe skirts/dresses.  They are so comfy and cute.

 
Grandma Fife holding the boys. They were a bit nervous about the neighbors fireworks.

 
Karter really wanted them to end. He didn't like being so close to the noise.


We held him close and it was really kind of humorous. 

 
Keaton didn't mind the noise one bit and had his eyes glued to the fireworks.


Things calmed down a bit when the "real" firework show started.


Yes we are lucky enough to be close enough to the fireworks that we can stay in the neighborhood.
 

 
Grandma snuggles!

 
July 5th- Out and about and stopped in at Jamba Juice for lunch. We love that place!



 
The boys love their dad.



On Sunday we had a pretty chill day.  The boys were slightly feverish so I left them home and went to church by myself.  I came home and made an amazingly yummy "healthy" dinner.  You can find that on my instagram @fife_food. We also made a VERY easy and VERY yummy dessert. I would have to say it was the best looking and best tasting cookie I have yet to taste. Don't worry I'll share the recipe. 


 
Got this recipe off of pinterest....I was a skeptic until now! Look how fluffy they are.  Seriously do yourself a favor and go make these.  Be careful you may eat all of them.  2 Tips- don't MELT your butter only soften it and use a cookie scoop.  They ended up needing to be cooked longer in my oven than the recipe calls for and it only made 16 cookies...I had a few more than my share ;)
 
Best-Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies
barely adapted from Anna Olson, Food Network Canada
Ingredients: 
3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened 
3/4 c. brown sugar 
1/4 c. granulated sugar 
1 egg 
2 tsp. vanilla extract 
2 c. all purpose flour 
2 tsp. cornstarch 
1 tsp. baking soda 
1/2 tsp. salt 
1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips
 
Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2.  In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
3.  Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chunks.
4.  Using a standard-sized cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet.  Bake for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges.  (The tops will not brown, but do NOT cook longer than ten minutes.) (the key for ME- let them cook till they weren't shiny on top-I think my cookie scoop made them bigger than this lady's cookie scoop.)
5.  Let cool, on the sheet, on a wire rack for five minutes.  (MUST DO THIS) Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely.  Makes approximately 3 dozen.  Try not to eat them all.

No comments :

Post a Comment