Saturday, December 13, 2008

Thanksgiving Day

So once a year we all get together as families and eat the same meal! I love it...It is nice to have a day off just to relax and eat. That is my kind of day. So first, we went over to my Grandma Addington's. There was lots of yummy food that I stuffed myself with! It is kinda wierd sometimes that I am the only grandkid married and all my cousins are rusty's neices and nephews ages! I think Rusty likes being the "Oldest" in my family because he is looked up to where as in his family he is the "Youngest." So that was fun...then we went to Mom and Dad Fife and her setup was so pretty...I was too full to eat...It was just Rusty and I, Greg and Meggen and thier family and the Hines (Meggens fam). We hung out there and chated and then we all hopped into the car as it was pouring rain to go to the Zoo lights We were crazy but it wasn't raining when we got there. We wondered around a bit and we got to hold Ms. Scarlet. She is just a beautiful baby that brings joy to everyone!

Since this day was a day of gratitude I want to write what I am most thankful for! First and foremost I am thankful for My Husband Rusty. He is such a joy in my life. I honestly don't know what I would do with out him. He makes me laugh harder than anyone I know. He calms me down because I get a little high strung sometimes! He is such a great example of the pure love of Christ and is one of the most humble people I know. He is such a great example to me. I am also extremely grateful for my family- my mom, dad, Michael, Craig, Rachel, and Rebecka. They are the best!! I am also thankful for Rusty's family-growing up I used to think how all families are the same and when Rusty and I got married it confirmed a no to that. My family deffinately has it'squirks and Rusty's family does too...but we LOVE them both just the same!! I am grateful for the time I had with my Grandpa Sharpy here on this earth. I miss him a great Deal...He always made me laugh somehow. I love him so much. I am grateful for the Gospel in my life and the focus it gives me.

No comments :

Post a Comment