Tuesday, May 4, 2010

You want my take on Mother's Day?

I have been thinking about this day.
Hopeing it would just disappear.
My Birthday is this Friday.
then...
it is "Mother's Day"

It is interesting how perspective changes
right?
Last mother's day I wrote this.

YES.
I am grateful to be a Mother.
YES.
I am grateful for my wonderful Mother and Mother in law
YES.
I feel sorry for myself that Kaden was never physically in my arms on "Mother's Day"
YES.
I know I am eternally Kaden's mother.



BUT...
I can't help it.
this
Mother's Day
may
possibly
be
a
very
HARD
day.
{only because we focus so much on the here and now}


Yes that's right!
{PROPERTY OF MOM FOREVER}
This outfit was one of the first outfits he wore. [he was like 2-3lbs here.]

There are women this mother's day who hurt
they hurt because they lost
or
they have never had
or
they long to have

a child.

Keep these women in your prayers.
and...
this mother's day for me
will you squeeze them extra tight!?

I will celebrate being a Mother
but...
I feel a little gipped.
robbed of his physical presence in this life.
I know I will have him again.
in the meantime
all
I can do
is try to come closer to our Heavenly Father
that is the best
thing
I can do for my son.

"Motherhood is a great blessing—
a blessing so valuable that it goes beyond this life and on into the eternities."
{I got this from my friend Jess blog---thanks}

NOW THAT IS WHY I CAN BE HAPPY AND GRATEFUL
happy mother's day!

2 comments :

  1. Gosh, its sucks how this holiday can be such an emotional trigger for so many. I will think of you on Mother's Day, and pray for all of you. What a great Mother you are! I can't believe Kaden was only 2-3 lbs in that picture! He looks bigger to me! And what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mothers Day to an amazing mommy! I hope you can get through this day with peace.
    Love-
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete